CARBOGRIP – ASSEMBLY RESIN BLISTER PACK
Carbogrip is a synthetic resin for the assembly of carbon parts. Applied, it creates a grippy surface that promotes stability. It’s also great as threadlocker and to eliminate creaking in the bottom bracket area.
- Anti-slip: avoids unwanted movements of clamped components.
- Anti-seizing: allows the removal of any component, even after a long time.
- Effective against creaking of Press-Fit bottom brackets.
- Perfect as threadlocker for metal or composite bolts.
- Water-proof: it remains effective for a long time.
- An electric insulator: prevents galvanic corrosion and cold welding between metals.
- Doesn’t scratch carbon parts and can be completely removed.
- Extremely versatile: we keep on finding new applications for Carbogrip (listed below).
How to use Carbogrip as an assembly compound:
- Carefully clean/degrease the assembling surfaces. If assembling a seat-post: be sure to remove any grease trace inside the seat tube too;
- apply Carbogrip on the component and immediately assemble it;
- tighten the mounting bolts at the suggested torque value;
- wait 3-5 minutes before using the component;
- unwanted Carbogrip traces can be removed with Carbomove or another petrol-based solvent.
When the clamping force is applied, the anti-slip layer of Carbogrip prevents the component from moving. On the other hand, when the clamping force is released, Carbogrip – thanks to its anti-seizing characteristics – allows an easy removal of the component.
With the passing of time and with repeated washing, some assembly components lose their properties. Not Carbogrip, because it creates a very stable and effective layer with the following features:
- it’s waterproof: if used on a seat-post, it prevents water from getting into the frame;
- it’s an electric insulator: avoids galvanic corrosion/cold welding between different metals;
- it’s resistant to very high temperatures: in cycling applications, the resin won’t melt or migrate nor change its properties.
Carbogrip can be easily removed using Carbomove or another petrol-based solvent (e.g. aviation spirit, Hexane).
Originally created as a synthetic resin for assembly carbon components, since the very beginning Carbogrip has been a worthy ally for cycling mechanics, excelling in different applications:
- Great as threadlocker (for steel, titanium, aluminium, carbon bolts);
- Ideal for neoprene mountain bike grips: applied on the internal grip surface, it makes sure the grip easily slides onto the handlebar, locking it in place after a few minutes. The grip can then be removed blowing air inside with a compressor;
- Spread on the bead of tubeless tyres, it prevents any movement with low-pressure riding;
- If applied on the frame when assembling the bottom bracket, it’s great to prevent noises or creaking in the BB area (both threaded and press-fit BBs);
- Many, many others!